What We Teach
Here are the more important points of what we believe and teach here at FBC Flagler Beach.
1. We believe that there is one God in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God created mankind so that we could have a relationship, and that this relationship was broken because of mankind's sin.
3. We believe that this relationship can be restored only through faith in Jesus Christ.
4. We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a substitutional death on the cross for our sins and that he arose on the third day.
5. We believe that the Bible is God's Word to us and that it should be interpreted literally, within the confines of its original context.
What to expect
First Baptist Church of Flagler Beach is a place where you can worship the Lord and be comfortable at the same time. Whether you like to dress up or wear jeans, we are glad that you have come to visit us. During our service, there is a time when we have a chance to greet one another. Don't be surprised if quite a few people come up and introduce themselves to you; we love our guests and we want to get to know you.
For those that are interested in our style of worship music, we choose to incorporate new songs that hold true to our beliefs as well as those classic hymns that so many have grown up with that convey those deep theological truths. We have a blended style worship service and a traditional service every Sunday morning. We hope that you find the style of music pleasing as we minister to young and old alike.
First Baptist Church of Flagler Beach is affiliated with the Halifax Baptist Association, the Florida Baptist Convention, and the Southern Baptist Convention.
Note: All Events are cancelled until further notice.
Church services will be live on YouTube and Facebook until further notice.
When the restrictions are lifted, our services will be back on schedule as listed below.
8:45 AM: Blended Worship Service
10:00 AM: Bible Fellowship
11:00 AM: Traditional Worship Service
9:00-11:00: Visitation Program
6:30 PM: Prayer Meeting/Bible Fellowship for all ages
7:30 PM: Worship Choir Practice
7:30 PM: Praise Team Practice
Pastor Chet Thomas
Our Pastor, Chet Thomas, has been with us since June of 2007. Originally from Madison, GA, he is married to his wife Dusty and has three children. He enjoys deer hunting, golf, genealogy, and is a fan of the University of Georgia football and NASCAR.
Minister of Music Barry Spence
Barry Spence has been with us since April of 2012. He and his wife Kay have one daughter.
Church Secretary Deidra Tober
Deidra Tober has been with us since October 2016. She has been married to her best friend, Cody, for 13 years. They have 2 daughters.